The LC500 offers a driving experience so exceptional it’s almost beyond words. Based on an entirely new rear-wheel drive layout and precisely engineered to deliver superior handling, every component and innovation in the LC500 is dedicated to elevating the driving experience.
- Active Rear WingActive Rear WingThe retractable rear wing integrated in the trunk lid automatically deploys in response to higher vehicle speeds to provide aerodynamic down force. The driver can also manually operate the wing using a switch on the instrument panel (Sport+ Package)
- Lexus DynamicHandling SystemLexus DynamicHandling SystemLDH lifts driving performance to a higher plane. Together with EPS (Electric Power Steering), VGRS and DRS (Dynamic Rear Steering) control all four wheel independently to enhance the vehicle’s limit while cornering, line trace performance and stability, to enjoy a higher level of sports driving (Sport+ package).
- 5.L V8 Engine5.L V8 EngineThe naturally aspirated V8 engine generates a dynamic feeling of limitless acceleration and powerful output for luxury sports car driving. Refining the intake and exhaust components enhances driving performance to realise an emotional driving experience.
- DynamicSuspensionDynamicSuspensionTo maintain the appearance of the LC, Lexus engineers developed a front suspension that fits under the low hood. The result is a new double-joint multi-link suspension — the forged aluminum upper arm is secured at two points, which ensures all movements are mirrored from the lower arm. The double-joint design reduces the necessary height of the suspension system, as placement is lower than a traditional single-joint setup. The rear suspension applies a more conventional multi-link arrangement, with coil springs and electronically managed adaptive shocks all around.
- PlatformPlatformThe LC is the first car to be developed on the new Lexus front-engine/rear-wheel drive platform, dubbed the Global Architecture – Luxury (GA-L) platform. The GA-L platform is meant to provide lower overall mass, improved front/rear weight distribution and a low center of gravity.
- Sound GeneratorSound GeneratorThe sound generator and generator hoses utilize pulses in the engine air intake to generate and harmonize 3 different high frequency tones during acceleration, producing a highly distinctive and sporty engine sound unique to the LC. The vibrant engine sound is enhanced by special sound-control valves in the exhaust that activate during start-up, producing a localized sound image that projects a feeling of space and depth.
- Drive SystemDrive SystemThe LC sets a world-class benchmark, with its drive system that will serve as the blueprint for future models. This results in sharper and more precise handling for a smoother performance.
- 10-speed AutomaticTransmission10-speed AutomaticTransmissionFeeding dynamic control for driving exhilaration, the close gear ratios of the advanced 10-speed automatic transmission realise equal intervals between gears and shifting, for quick rhythmical shift changes with a good tempo and upbeat engine sound as you accelerate through the gears. The wide gear ratio range enables powerful start-up acceleration, yet is exceedingly comfortable during high-speed cruising.
- Drive Mode SelectDrive Mode SelectDrive Mode Select provides integrated control of multiple systems to let you tune performance to suit your driving style. You can select and change between five modes: Normal, Eco, Comfort, Sport S and Sport S+ Modes. In addition, Custom Mode enables drivers to set their preferred settings for the powertrain, chassis and air conditioning.
- AerodynamicsAerodynamicsThe challenge of transforming a concept into a production vehicle continued with the development of the LC aerodynamic signature. Small stabilizing fins behind the side mirrors are used to pull air close to the vehicle, and aero ducts in both the front bumper and side skirting feeds air across the sidewalls of all four tyres for greater straight-line stability. Underneath the LC, all components are covered by an extensive underbody plane – the covering raises up and meshes with the muffler design to form a massive integrated air diffuser. For further stability, an active rear wing is automatically raised when the LC reaches 50 mph (80km/h) to reduce lift at higher speeds.