Lexus Oman is committed to responsible privacy practices and to complying with Oman’s laws. Our respect for our customers’ privacy is paramount. Lexus Oman may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are up-to-date with any changes.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that could identify you. Examples of personal information include your name, address, telephone number and email address.
What type of personal information does Lexus Oman collect?
The type of personal information Lexus Oman collects from you depend on the circumstances in which the information is collected:
- Lexus Oman may collect contact details including your name, address, email address and phone and fax numbers.
- Where relevant, Lexus Oman may also collect your driver’s licence and registration details, date of birth or age group, occupation, gender, information about your vehicle (including its number plate and vehicle identification number), answers you provide to questions we ask and other information in relation to your dealings with us (such as types of vehicle purchased and replaced and repair/service history).
- When using our website (“Site”), we or our third party service providers may collect site usage information such as the IP address you are using, the name of your Internet service provider, your browser version, the Site that referred you to us and the next Site you go to, the pages you request, the date and time of those requests and the country you are in. Except where you provide it to us via the Site, we do not collect personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address or phone number when you are browsing our Site.
- We do not generally require customers to disclose any sensitive data or information (e.g. details of race, religious beliefs, bank details, financial information, sexual orientation, health information etc.) to us. If you do provide sensitive data or information to us for any reason (for example, if you provide us with information about a disability you have), you consent to us collecting that information and to us using and disclosing that information to Lexus and any of their holding, subsidiaries and other affiliate Companies across the world (Collectively referred as “Lexus”:) and/ or third party services providers (within Oman or outside Oman) appointed by us or Lexus for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by Oman laws
- In addition to the types of personal information identified above, Lexus may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by Oman’s laws.
How do we collect your personal information?
Lexus Oman collects personal information to provide products and services” required by you and it can be collected in number of ways.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us or our customer relationship centre
- When you purchase Lexus products or services
- When you use our Site or when you deal with us online (including through social media)
- Via our market research agencies
- When you enter a competition or promotion or marketing campaign
- From publicly available sources
- From our group or related companies
For what purposes do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
The purposes for which we use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances in which we collect it. Whenever practical we endeavour to inform you why we are collecting your personal information, how we intend to use that information and to whom we intend to disclose it to at the time we collect your personal information.
We may use or disclose your personal information:
- For the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you)
- For other purposes to which you have consented
- As otherwise authorised or required by law
In general we collect, use and disclose your personal information so that we can do business together and for purposes connected with our business operations.
Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information are as follows:
- To facilitate your request for a brochure or test drive, to add you to a mailing list or to respond if you request information (including via the Lexus Site or via an email you send to us)
- To record and maintain the details of your purchase of a Lexus vehicle for warranty purposes or your purchase of a ” Lexus Solutions” product or service for administration purposes
- To keep track of the repairs and servicing of your Lexus vehicle by Dealers
- To facilitate the provision of roadside assistance and other services you acquire from us
- To inform you in the event of a field service action, for example a recall, affecting your Lexus vehicle
- To issue service reminders
- To improve Lexus products and services
- To contact you (directly or through our service providers and marketing research agencies) to obtain your feedback and to find out your level of satisfaction with Lexus products and services through surveys
- To report to and evaluate our performance
- To verify your identity
- To facilitate your entry and participation in a competition or campaign or trade promotion
- To provide goods or services to you or to receive goods or services from you
- To address any issues or complaints that we or you have regarding our relationship; and to contact you regarding the above, including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner
- To consider you for a job or other relationships with us
We may also use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where you have consented to us doing so; or it is otherwise permitted by law.
What happens if you don’t provide personal information?
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services that depend on the collection of that information. As an example, if you did not provide the personal information requested on your new vehicle purchase, we would be unable to notify you directly of a product recall affecting your vehicle.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
- To Lexus and Lexus’s appointed third parties or service providers such as (including mailing houses, marketing agencies, insurance providers, credit card payment authorisation, trend analysis, market research site and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers)
- Our group or related companies
- Our contractors or service providers (including mailing houses, marketing agencies, insurance providers, credit card payment authorisation, trend analysis, market research site and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers)
- Other persons who perform services for, or in connection with, us (including to facilitate the delivery of purchases, to provide roadside assistance, for electronic direct mailing, for credit card payment authorisation, for trend analysis, for market research, for promotions and for the provision of statistical sales information to industry bodies)
- Companies who may use your personal information in order to tailor electronic advertising to you (e.g. on a Sitepage or Facebook) in relation to Lexus products and services
- Our accountants, insurers (including those that provide extended warranties), lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers
- Any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information
- Statistical information about sales to industry bodies. This may comprise data collected about you and other customers to form aggregate results but we will not provide any information that identifies you as our customer
- Third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety
- If you are a prospective employee, for our medical service providers for any medical assessments or in relation to any health or safety incidents and to HR related service providers (e.g. for background checks, screening or aptitude testing)
- Otherwise as permitted or required by law
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that such third parties only use your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose we disclosed it to them and in a manner consistent with the applicable laws of Oman.
If you post information to certain public areas of our Site or to our social media pages, you acknowledge that such information may be available to be viewed by the public. You should use discretion in deciding what information you upload to such sites.
Does personal information leave Oman?
Lexus, Lexus’s appointed third party service providers and our appointed third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside Oman. The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. If your information is transferred overseas it will remain subject to strict security safeguards.
What happens if you don’t provide personal information?
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services that depend on the collection of that information. As an example, if you did not provide the personal information requested on your new vehicle purchase, Lexus would be unable to notify you directly of a product recall affecting your vehicle.
How do we protect personal information?
At all times, we take great care to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, use, disclosure or alteration. We endeavour to ensure that our employees are aware of, and comply with, their obligations in relation to the handling of personal information. Only properly authorised employees are permitted to see or use personal information, even then, only to the extent that it is relevant to their roles and responsibilities. Your personal information will not be sold to any third party for that third party’s unrelated independent use. Further, we will not share your personal information with any organisations, other than those engaged by us to assist us in the improvement of our products and services (as described above).
What about information you provide in job applications?
In that case, you will be asked to give specific consent to disclose your questionnaire to its service providers for the purposes of arranging the medical assessment and for the relevant service providers to disclose the results of the assessment. If you refuse to provide any of the information requested, or to consent to the disclosure of the results of your medical assessment, we may be unable to consider your application.
Is the personal information we hold accurate?
We endeavour to maintain your personal information as accurately as reasonably possible. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly. We encourage you to contact us if the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or to notify us of a change in your personal information.
How can you access or correct the personal information we hold about you?
Wherever possible and appropriate, we will let you see the personal information we hold about you and correct it if it is wrong. If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why. If you wish to obtain access to your personal information held by us, or to request us to correct any errors in that information, please contact us.
Who should you contact if you have concerns about our handling of personal information?
If you have any queries or concerns about the manner in which we have handled your personal information, please write to us. We will send you written acknowledgement of your correspondence. We will investigate your query or concern and will advise you of the steps we have taken to answer or resolve it.
Internet Privacy Commitment
This document describes our policy regarding information received about you during visits to our web sites. The amount and type of information received depends on how you use our sites. This website contains links to other sites operated by third parties other than Lexus. Lexus Oman is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. The inclusion of links does not imply any endorsement of the material on those Web sites or any association with their operators. This privacy statement is for this web site only. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each website that collects your personally identifiable information.
Normal web site usage
The only information we collect and store during normal web site usage is used to generate statistics and measure site activity to improve the usefulness of customer visits. During normal web site usage we do not collect or store personally identifiable information such as name, mailing address, email address, or phone number.
Collection of personally identifiable information
There are instances where we request personally identifiable information to provide the web site visitor with a service or correspondence (for example, promotions and mailed brochures). This information, such as name, mailing address, email address, type of request and possibly additional information, is collected and stored in a manner appropriate to the nature of the data and is used to fulfil your request. If you tell us that the information should not be used as a basis for further contact, we will respect your request. The information you provide is used to improve the services we provide you. It is never provided to any other company for that company’s independent use. Information which Lexus holds about you may be transferred overseas to Lexus’s secure facilities. If your information is transferred overseas it will remain subject to strict security safeguards.
Use of “Cookies”
Electronic mail sent to us that contains personal information